Applicants for an ASU Foundation Medallion/Medal scholarship must be a high school senior intending to attend college in the next academic year, a student currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a recognized college or university, or an individual planning to resume their education in the next academic year at the college level. Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the college or university of the applicants choosing to be credited to his or her account.
Applicant: Complete all sections of the application. Use N/A in sections that don’t apply to you. Applications must be received or before: March 12,2021
You must send all documents via e-mail to Greg Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing ASU Foundation Scholarship Committee.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA THE U.S. MAIL.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants for the Medallion/Medal Donor Scholarship must have:
- Won at least one National Age Class Long Track or Short Track championship in a Masters class, the Senior (if offered), Junior A (Intermediate), Junior B (Junior), or Junior C (Juvenile) class within the past 10 years; or
- Won at least three (3) National Age Class Long Track or Short Track distance championships in a masters class, the Senior (if offered), Junior A (Intermediate), Junior B (Junior), or Junior C (Juvenile) class within the past 10 years,
Applications shall include:
- to include the personal significance of winning a National Age Class Championship or distance championship;
- Copy of academic transcripts, including the most recent;
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s strength of character.
IMPORTANT – The following criteria will be used to evaluate your application:
- Completeness of application,
- Quality of essay with an emphasis on the personal significance of winning National Age Class championship medallion or medals.
- Academic achievements as documented by transcripts,
- Letters of reference with an emphasis on the applicant’s sportsmanship, citizenship, and academic achievement
- School or community service evidenced by applicant’s statement or letters of recommendation,
Please note that you may also be eligible to apply for the ASU Foundation Scholarship (separate application required). If you choose to apply for both and score among the group selected for award for both scholarships, you will receive the one with the greater monetary award. In the event that each scholarship provides the same level of award, you will receive one scholarship to be awarded at the discretion of the ASU Foundation Board of Directors.
Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the college or university of the applicants choosing to be credited to his or her account.
Awards will be announced in May 2021